Club member Jeff Szeponski is shown presenting a club jersey to Gordon "Gord" Staseson, C.M., S.O.M., who was President of our club in 1957-58.
In addition to being a former member and leader of our club, Gord is a well-known volunteer in Regina, and has literally changed the face of the sports community in Regina. Among other things, Gord:
- Served as President of the Saskatchewan Roughriders from 1979 to 1981, and as a member of the management committee was a instrumental in the expansion of Taylor Field;
- Co-founded the Saskatchewan Roughriders Plaza of Honour, to which he was inducted in 1993;
- Served on the building committees of the Agridome, Canada Centre and Queensbury Centre at Regina Exhibition Park (now Evraz Place);
- Chaired the CFL Board of Governors;
- Was Commissioner of the Saskatchewan Pavilion at Expo '86;
- Received the Saskatchewan Order of Merit in 2004, and the Order of Canada in 2005.
We hope Gord will wear his jersey with pride!
Main Street is quiet today as we get ready to sell 50/50 tickets at Country Thunder Music Festivals in Craven!
Watch for our sellers in the bright orange t-shirts. Tickets are 2 for $5 and 20 for $20!
On the evening of Wednesday, June 14th, our clubhouse at Rambler Park was vandalized, with the building being tagged and various outdoor items being damaged and/or strewn around the property.
If anyone has any information about the vandalism please contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Great job running the RPS Half Marathon today to Queen City Kinsmen member Jason Moser! #rpshalf
In the spirit of the upcoming Telemiracle event
We are one week away and the silent auction for this is now locked, loaded and live! Can't make the event but still want to participate in the auction? Well now you can, online! Click here to register and bid on all of the awesome items! https://qckceleb2017.eflea.ca/
Our sister club, the Regina Queen City Kinettes presenting their club cheque, and a donation of $6,455 in honour of Liz Tait, the late daughter of club member Barb Tait - for a combined donation of $17,190.